Steelhead Enumeration at Moricetown Canyon using Mark-Recapture, 2009
This project provided information about steelhead escapement in the Buckley River in 2009 by supporting collection and analysis of data by the Moricetown Canyon steelhead mark-recapture program. The Moricetown program has operated since 1999 to generate annual abundance estimates for steelhead migrating past the Moricetown Canyon falls. Data is collected in the field by Wet’suwet’en Fisheries and is analysed by SKR Consultants to produce estimates of escapement and run timing.
- project objectives
- Increase understanding of Skeena steelhead abundance through collection and analysis of mark-recapture data.
- related documents
- project status
- project timeline
- July 15, 2009
to March 31, 2010
- project lead
- Wet'suwet'en Fisheries, SKR Consultants
- BC Ministry of Environment
- mark-recapture, stock assessment
- Bulkley River, Moricetown Canyon
- related species